What is a website audit?
The goal of a Free Website Audit, is to identify errors, not fix them. Whenever possible, we work with your web developer, to discover any potential issues so we can develop a strategy to make needed and critical corrections. This does not include keyword research, competitive analysis and link profile analysis. Our audits focus solely on the technical performance and on site factors that affect your overall website performance. It doesn’t make sense to have a website if it can’t be discovered.
It doesn’t make much sense to have a website if it can’t be found, that’s where the findability check comes into play. Findability refers to how easily website information can be found by both search engines and website visitors. This section will cover how accessible your website’s content is to external bots and internal users.
What is indexation?
- How many pages on your website are indexed by search engines.
- The reason why you create a new website or blog for your business, is that you want people to find your business. Right? Indexing is the process of the Googlebot crawling your website to not only get the information from your existing website content or new content and add it to the index!
Why does indexation matter?
- We’re moving to a search algorithm that favors content rich websites. If you operate in a competitive space (i.e. legal) your standard 5 page website just won’t cut it anymore.
- If you have a lot of content on your website, this will make certain that Google is aware of it.
- A low indexation rate could point to a number of issues (lack of internal linking, render blocking code on your pages, low domain authority and more).
How can I check my site’s index rate?
- By going to Google and typing in site:yoursite.com and seeing how many pages show up in Google’s index.
- By checking your Google Search Console to see how many pages are indexed.
As part of your free website check, we also check the overall architecture of your website. The structure of your website is incredibly important for search engines to properly rank it. This section covers the necessary checks to ensure it’s setup properly.